GMS provided structural engineering services for the renovation and redevelopment of this existing eight story, cast-iron and steel-framed building, originally constructed circa 1890, approximately 97,000 sf. The renovation included the removal of two mezzanine levels and a four level spiral ramp used by the former tenant – an automotive trade school – relocation of the elevator core, a full MEP infrastructure upgrade and a new penthouse with an occupiable roof terrace.
Client: SL Green Realty Corp.
Architect: SHoP Architects
2016-2017 BOMA Pinnacle Award – Renovated Building of the Year