Construction began on the building in December 1927 and ended in October 1930. The Church was designed by Allen, Pelton and Collens, and commissioned by John D. Rockefeller. The structure is a registered landmark in the City of New York. The Carillon consists of 74 bells (all solid bronze), the largest is the 20-ton bourdon and the smallest is a 10 pound treble bell. The total weight of all the bells is over 100 tons. The bourdon is the largest tuned and cast bell in existence.
GMS has performed roofing projects in addition to restoring deteriorated structural components of the carillon, and the replacement of the original cast iron belfry stairwell.